Saturday, August 10, 2013

Under Pressure

Earlier this week, I borrowed a pressure washer and sprayed the entire shed to prepare for priming.  Pressure washing is one of my secret pleasures.  Usually, Brent has to take away the garden hose or pressure washer because I could do it alllllllll day.  The weird part is that I don't generally enjoy cleaning much of anything...my mother would attest to that.  So I don't know what is so magical about the pressure washer to me, must be something to do with power I feel with that wand.  Maybe I should have been a sci-fi wizard.  Heidi Potter?

So this morning, I needed to scrape the whole building once more to knock down any paint the pressure washer loosened.  Unfortunately for me, this process started at 6:30 am.  Brent was at work anyways, so I felt guilty laying around.  It took about an hour and a half to scrape for the second time.  With each scrape, I found my mind wandering to my shed budget and trying to figure out if we could just afford to get new siding on the whole thing so I wouldn't have to scrape.  But I already knew the answer.  Here's what it looks like scraped.


Not my idea of a good time.  We know that this shed does not add much of any value to our house, because there is not a driveway to it.  It is basically a glorified lawn/storage shed, so it just doesn't make sense to drop much money in it.  It adds value to our day to day life though by giving us a place to work on the things that give us joy, so for that reason, it is almost priceless, except for the cost of this dang roof!  i have sticker shock from the price of roofing materials!  But our current garage is overflowing and we mostly can barely use it anymore.  It is only good for losing supplies and small children in right now.



Today we will begin roofing and we are super excited about where this window is going to end up!!!  


Less typing, more priming.  Be back soon with more pics!




No comments:

Post a Comment